update from GST portal
Rule-60(7) of CGST Rules-2017 prescribes for generation of auto-drafted statement containing the details of input tax credit in FORM GSTR-2B for counter-party recipients. As per Rule-60(8) of CGST Rules-2017, FORM GSTR-2B shall be made available to the recipients after the Due date of filing GSTR-1/IFF by the suppliers. Notification No. 12/2021-CT and 13/2021-CT, both dated 1st May 2021 extend the Due date of GSTR-1 and IFF for April 2021, to 26th and 28th May 2021, respectively. Consequently, GSTR-2B for April 2021 will be generated after the Due dates, on 29th May 2021.
Taxpayers willing to file FORM GSTR-3B for April 2021 before GSTR-2B generation may do so on self-assessment basis. Notification No. 13/2021-CT dated 01.05.2021 prescribes a cumulative limit under Rule-36(4) for ITC claimed in periods April & May 2021
Update from GST portal dated 20th November, 2020
Salient features of Quarterly Return filing & Monthly Payment of Taxes (QRMP) Scheme
- Who can opt for the scheme: Following registered person (hereinafter RP) can file quarterly returns and pay tax on monthly basis w.e.f. 01.01.2021 :
- Changes on the GST Portal: For qtr. Jan., 2021 to March, 2021, all RPs whose AATO for the FY 2019-20 is up to Rs 5 Cr. and have furnished the return in Form GSTR-3B for the month of October, 2020 by 30th 2020, will be migrated by default in the GST system as follows:
- When can a person opt for the scheme:
- The RPs opting for the scheme can avail the facility of Invoice Furnishing Facility (IFF), so that the outward supplies to registered person is reflected in their Form GSTR 2A & 2B.
- Payment of tax under the scheme:
The GST Council, in its 39th meeting held on 14th March 2020, had recommended to adopt and implement the incremental approach of linking the present system of filing of GSTR-3B and GSTR-1 and other significant changes like enhancements in GSTR-2A and its linking to GSTR-3B. One such enhancement that the Council recommended was introduction of an auto-drafted input tax credit (ITC) statement which would aid in assisting / determining the input tax credit that is available for every taxpayer.
GSTR-2B is going to be such an auto-drafted ITC statement which will be generated for every registered person on the basis of the information furnished by his suppliers in their respective GSTR-1, 5 (non-resident taxable person) and 6 (input service distributor). It is a static statement and will be made available for each month, on the 12thday of the succeeding month.It is expected that GSTR-2B will help in reduction in time taken for preparing return, minimising errors, assist reconciliation & simplify compliance relating to filing of returns.
Key features in GSTR-2B which would assist taxpayers in return filing are as under:
- It contains information on import of goods from the ICEGATE system including inward supplies of goods received from Special Economic Zones Units / Developers. This is not available with the release of GSTR-2B for the month of July and will be made available shortly.
- A summary statement which shows all the ITC available and non-available under each section. The advisory given against each section clarifies the action to be taken by the taxpayers in their respective section of GSTR-3B;
- Document level details of all invoices, credit notes, debit notes etc. is also provided both for viewing and download;
- GSTR-2B for the month of July 2020 has been made available on the common portal on trial basis.
- Since, this is the first time that the statement is being introduced, taxpayers are advised to refer to GSTR-2B for the month of July, 2020 only for feedback purposes .
- All taxpayers are requested to go through their GSTR-2B for July 2020 and after comparing the same with the credit availed by them in July 2020, provide feedback (if any) on any aspect of GSTR-2B by raising a ticket on the self-service portal (https://selfservice.gstsystem.in/).
- All taxpayers are advised to view the detailed advisory relating to GSTR-2B on the common portal before using the statement.
Taxpayers can access their GSTR-2B through: Login to GST Portal > Returns Dashboard > Select Return period >GSTR-2B.